Yes, you still own your photo when you take part in a People's Picture project. By uploading your images you simply give us a license to use your photo - all copyright will remain with you.
When you take part in a project and for other good and valuable consideration, you hereby grant to us:
- a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, transferrable, sub-licensable licence to use the Content;
- for the full period of copyright (including all periods of renewal, extension and revival of the copyright), and thereafter in perpetuity;
- and all necessary consents under all applicable laws (including under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended and/or replaced from time to time);
- to enable us to reproduce, publish, distribute, exhibit, edit, adapt, modify, crop, alter and otherwise use and exploit the Content and the Information (whether alone or incorporated into or in conjunction with other works);
- for any/all purposes, commercial and/or non-commercial, relating to the Project, including:
- for publication in all media (whether now known or hereafter devised including promotional material and national and international press);
- for publication on the internet (including on social media);
- for academic and scholarly purposes;
- for cultural, educational, entertainment and social purposes, including exhibitions and oral and visual presentations to the public; and
- for the production, marketing, distribution and sale of products (e.g. merchandise and printed goods).